Friday, December 12, 2008

I Knew Jim West Hated Guns...

...I didn't know why. I guess if you can kill a bear with naught but a stick, you don't need them:

Jim West, 45, was out walking last Saturday morning with his two dogs near 70 Mile House, about halfway between Kamloops and Williams Lake, when he came face to face with an angry mother bear.

"I turned [when] I heard a grunt. All I saw was eyes full of hatred … I had no option … So I stuck my foot up and tried to kick her in the face," he said.

The bear then attacked him, knocking him to the ground, and West soon found himself on the losing side of an ill-matched fight....

Knowing he would likely soon be dead unless he fought back, the injured West managed to get to his feet and picked up a stick about as thick as his arm....

The five-foot-nine man eventually crushed the bear's skull with the stick, killing it.

West then walked a kilometre and a half to a local lodge, where he was transported to hospital. The gashes in his body took 60 stitches to sew up.

Glad you survived your ordeal, Jim, I hope the environmentalists don't eat you alive!

8 comments:

Jim said...

i'm much better now thank you...

Ken Brown said...

I love that his first thought was to kick the bear in the face.... Genius!

Jim said...

i reckon its the same principle as punching a shark in the nose.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't know you could buy a degree from Quartz Hill on bear killing too!

Jim said...

poor jordan, another ill-informed sad angry bitter lad.

Ken Brown said...

Maybe he's jealous they rejected his application.

Anonymous said...

Believers of conspiracy theories are really very gullible, vulnerable and ignorant. He probably couldn't complete the application form anyway.

WWW said...

Unless the conspiracy is true, then it is the skeptics who are gullible, vulnerable and ignorant.